Open by appointment at 55 Lake Street, Nashua, NH. Contact us at barnloftstyle@gmail.com for more information.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Repurposed industrial cart

 
Once again, I'm kicking myself for not taking before photos.  Oh, how I wish you had seen this cart before it's amazing transformation.  It was bright green, no shelves and a flat metal bar across the top in the middle.  What was it?  I have no idea.  But I had a vision...
 
First, take the grinder out and remove the top bar.  Next, paint it white.  Third, build shelves using scrap lumber. 
 
A little planing, a little sanding, a whitewash treatment, and some dark wax...and voila!  It's got the patina of barn wood!

 


This is a sizeable piece, perfect for a kitchen, entertaining area, living room, anywhere you need open storage.  I imagine it stacked high with stainless steel pots, white stoneware trays, bottles of wine...  See this piece and many other great one-of-a-kinds at the Barn Loft Grand Opening on September 29 and 30!

See you soon,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment